STEVE SKOJEK writes for OnePeterFive —
Pope Francis has been sick for the past week, missing public appearances and skipping his own Lenten retreat. As rumors mounted that he may have been exposed to novel coronavirus, the Vatican comes out and says “Nope.” Kind of. But not exactly.
AND: The Legionaries of Christ are promising more reform after their general chapter. But not really.
ALSO: Cardinal Zen offers a stinging rebuke of Cardinal Giovanni Battista Re, the new dean of the College of Cardinals, who says that the Vatican’s awful China deal under Francis is the same one Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict wanted. Hear more about Cardinal Zen’s comments in this episode.
- Vatican says pope’s symptoms point to simple cold (Yahoo/AFP)
- Report: Pope Francis Has Tested Negative For Coronavirus (1P5)
- Legion of Christ Seeks Forgiveness, Change with New Norms (National Catholic Register/CNA)
- Francis calls Legionaries of Christ to ‘continuous conversion’ at end of Rome meeting (CNA)
- New Legionaries of Christ superior accused of mishandling priest allegations (CNA)
- Cardinal Zen to Cardinal Re: Show China Documents from Vatican Archive (National Catholic Register